8th March 2013
I have been using these binocular since February 2013 from dusk to dawn at different type of habitats in Sabah and Palawan Island. When I first laid my eyes on it, I could not believe what I was seeing. The contrast, sharpness and wide Field of View (FOV) is unbelievable.
I preferred 8x32 binocular because I am addicted with wide Field of View!
I had tried few time the predecessor Swarovski 8x32 EL against my Nikon 8x32 SE and HG L with my previous clients and I did not get the Wow feeling. But the new Swarovision EL 8x32 is totally a different game for the 8x32 range. I compared it with the Nikon 8x32 SE porro for few days, which many were praising for its 3D effect and excellent wide FOV in Birdforum, the Swarovision wins in:
- Much wider FOV and I did not get the tight view compared with the Nikon 8x32 SE
- Better colour rendition and contrast
- Well balance ergonomic and weight distribution
- Eyecup is the best I have used so far. You can unscrewed the eyecups to clean the eyepiece lens too
- Genius strap system allowing for fast adjustment without removing the strap from the binocular
As I was used with fast focusing by Nikon, it takes me a while to get adjusted with Swarovski's focusing system. It is a bit slow than Nikon. Plus the rolling ball as reported by other users in Birdforum, it took me only few days to get used with it then after that, it wasn't a problem anymore for my eyes.
Overall, I like these binocular so much! The price is worth the value with 10 years warranty and excellent after sales service by Swarovski as reported in Birdforum.
Honestly, it replaced my beloved 8x32 SE as the main binocular for my birdwatching tours.
For more info, please visit Swarovski Optik website at www.swarovskioptik.com or download this PDF file http://aa.swarovskioptik.com/download/pdf/en_US/EL_Nature.pdf
Discussions at Birdforum:
- By IanF http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=236753
- By binomani http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=235682
- By oetzi http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=235682
- Rolling ball issue http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=246246
- Excellent after sales service http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=277070
I will be using the Swarovski EL 10x42 Swarovision in April onwards and will post my 1st impression at Birdforum.
Thanks to Richard Kramer and Dale Forbes at Swarovski Optik, Austria for the trust and opportunity in using your excellent products.
Happy birding everyone.
For birdwatching/bird photography tours, please check my other blog http://birdersofborneo.blogspot.com/
This post is Supported by Sandakan Foto