27th April - 1st May 2012
Spent few days with Dave Irving who hailed from England but currently based in Taiwan, taking pictures of birds and wildlife at Sepilok then few nights at Sukau Greenview Bed & Breakfast.
Key species seen during the 5 days trip was :
- Storm's Stork ~ Performing mating ritual on air
- White-crowned Hornbill ~ A pair seen crossing the Menanggul river
- Rhinoceros Hornbill ~ Seen at Sepilok Bed & Breakfast feeding on the fruiting tree
- Bornean Ground Cuckoo ~ Seen running very fast up and down the riverbank. Heard 2 days in a row
- Bornean Bristlehead ~ Only single bird seen in flight from Bristlehead Tower
- Bornean Pygmy Elephant ~ More than 100++ at the river !
- Orang Utan ~ On final morning at Menanggul river !
Digiscoped with Nikon Fieldscope EDG85 via Nikon FSA-L2 DSLR Photo Adapter on Nikon D300s and 80-400mm VR
Dave Irving shooting at the Baya Weaver
Female Baya Weaver
Javan Myna only found on the East Coast of Sabah
Blue-eared Barbet at one of the fruiting tree at RDC
Bornean Brown Barbet
Female Brown-throated Sunbird
Mark at Kinabatangan River
Bornean Pygmy Elephant
Sunset at Kinabatangan River
The elusive Bornean Ground Cuckoo
The endangered Storm's Stork
Oriental Pied Hornbill
Wrinkled Hornbill ~ My favorite !
Commonest raptor at the river, Crested Serpent Eagle
Endemic Proboscis Monkey
Lesser Fish Eagle
Female Malaysian Blue Flycatcher with nesting material
Wagler's Pit Viper
My favorite shot so far of this resident Pacific Swallow from the jetty at Sukau Greenview Bed & Breakfast
My lifer, Baya Weaver ! Thanks to Alphon aka Beastmaster :)
Happy birding !