11th - 27th March 2011
Had an enjoyable trip with Keith and Maureen searching for endemic species around Sabah recently plus managed to see wild Orang Utan, the rare Bornean Ground Cuckoo and a pair of very confiding Whitehead's Trogon with pictures !
Total species seen : 280 over and key species :
- Bornean Ground Cuckoo - A pair seen well for more than a minute !
- Dark Hawk Cuckoo - Enjoying the morning sun at Kinabalu National Park
- Mt. Serpent Eagle - Seen soaring from Mempening Trail
- Crimson-headed and Red-breasted Partridge
- Blue-headed and Black & Crimson Pitta - At Borneo Rainforest Lodge
- 8 species of Hornbills
- Whitehead's Broadbill
- Black-throated Wren-Babbler
- Fulvous-chested Jungle Flycatcher - A pair seen at Poring Hot Spring
- Thick-billed Flowerpecker
- Whitehead's Spiderhunter - Usual place at Tambunan :)
Digiscoped with Nikon Fieldscope EDG85 via Nikon FSA-L2 DSLR Photo Adapter on Nikon D300s
Dark Hawk Cuckoo
Little Cuckoo Dove
Red-bearded Bee Eater
Bornean Ground Cuckoo
Malaysian Blue Flycatcher
Bornean Crested Fireback
Striped Wren Babbler
Happy birding !